Your privacy is important to us. We value the trust you have placed in us, and are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information you give us. This document, which we update from time to time, describes how we use and process your personal information. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions about your personal information.
What kind of personal information does GenetiConcept use?
- When you order our DNA test and training plans, you will be asked for relevant pieces of information required to analyse your genetic profile and environmental situation. This information is used by GenetiConcept to prepare the best possible advice for you with regards to training and nutrition.
During the order, registration and payment process we will also collect delivery and payment information. We will automatically create a member's account for you that you can use to access your results and personal information.
- When you visit our website, even if you do not order any product, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you're using, and information about your computer's operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. We might also calculate and process data related to the type of apps installed on a mobile device, such as the name of the app, an app description and the category it belongs to. None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still considered to be 'personal' information.
- We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Collecting personal data
Why does GenetiConcept collect, use and share your personal details?
- Orders: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your orders and forward required delivery details to the depots that ship your DNA test kit and other merchandise.
- Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to assist when you need us, such as responding to queries related to your orders, test, training- and nutrition plans.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to answer a short questionnaire regarding your experience with our website, our customer service or the information provided to you in our member area. The survey results will be used to help us better understand and improve the service we provide to all our customers.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example, You may choose to subscribe to our newsletters in order to receive emails notifying you of any new products or analysis we are offering. You can opt out of this service at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any emails we send to you.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised an order online, we may email you a reminder to continue with the order process.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with GenetiConcept.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
Sharing of data
How does GenetiConcept share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The orders you booked: In order to deliver your orders, we need to transfer relevant delivery details to the depots. This may include information such as your name, contact details (email, address and telephone number) and address details you specified when making a booking.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
How does GenetiConcept make use of mobile devices?
We are planning to provide apps for a variety of mobile devices. These apps collect and process your personal details in much the same way as our website does.
What security procedures does GenetiConcept put in place to safeguard your personal information?
In accordance with UK and European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
How can you control marketing emails?
Upon ordering products or registration we provide options to opt out of marketing and sales emails, if you have remained opted in, we hope you enjoy receiving our emails, but if you would prefer not to be kept up-to-date with our special offers, you can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the 'Unsubscribe' link in each newsletter.
How can you control the personal information you have given to GenetiConcept?
GenetiConcept tries to be open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can request a copy of their information by contacting us in writing at the following email info@GenetiConcept.com or at the address below stating 'Subject Access Request' in the subject, we may ask for further information to validate the identity of the requester to ensure the security of the data we hold.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting us on the email address above or address below.